Thank you for providing the professional development scholarships. The learning opportunities are phenomenal. We really have learned so much we can bring back to our community.
Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to participate in the conference. I learned a lot and can’t wait to put my learning into action in the classroom.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to go to the conference. To be immersed in fun learning, to be fed and entertained, and to be housed there was such a special time and way to experience it. Thank you so much — I am a more whole and a better person because of it.
Support from Federation for continuing education for youth professionals like me really means a lot. There is nothing like being able to get together and learn with and from people who do the same kind of work around the country.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANT OPPORTUNITIES, $10,000 Available, Rolling Deadline
July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019
Professional Development grants are available to support program directors and/or teachers employed in congregational, early childhood, teen or day school programs in meeting their unique professional development goals.
- Grants will not exceed $500 per individual per year
- Grants cannot be used to cover travel/hotel expenses
- Grants cannot be used for an ongoing graduate program, including rabbinical training
- Applicants must work a minimum three hours per week to be eligible. Teaching in multiple institutions will qualify
- Grants will be paid to the organization employing the professional. Federation cannot make grants to individuals for this purpose.
These grants will be limited to $1,000 per organization, per year. Program directors may also apply in this category for professional development sessions serving multiple teachers. (Note: this does not preclude a program director receiving a grant for his/her own professional development as well.)
If you have questions, please contact Rabbi Andrew Kastner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.809.4953.