COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANTS
Federation and Foundation are proud to partner with our 2017-2018 Grant Recipients.
2018–2019 Granting Process
- Letters of Intent (LOIs) posted online: January 4, 2018
- Letters of Inent (LOIs) due: February 2, 2018
- Invitation to submit a full proposal: February 26, 2018
- Proposals due: March 23, 2018
- Decisions announced: Late May 2018
- Grants paid: January 2019
The Jewish Federation and the Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay provide grants to non-profit organizations whose work impact the East Bay Jewish community in two categories:
- Sustaining support: funds are intended to be used for core operating support
- Programmatic support: funds are intended to support a specific project, initiative in full or part
Special consideration will be given to collaborative initiatives.
Organizations may submit only one proposal.
This year, synagogues are invited to submit Community Impact Grant proposals for programmatic support.
If you have questions about eligibility or your proposal concept, please contact Rabbi Andrew Kastner, Director of Community Impact, at 510.809.4934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the 2017-2018 Impact Grants process, please contact Alison Stein, Community Impact Program Officer, at 510.809.4911 or email@example.com.
In order to be eligible, organizations must:
- Work toward the mission of the Jewish Federation and The Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay.
- Contribute to Jewish communal life in the East Bay.
- Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Organizations can also submit applications through a sponsoring organization if the sponsor has 501(c)(3) status, and provides written authorization confirming its willingness to act as the fiscal sponsor.
Organizations will be notified by Monday, February 26, 2018 whether a full proposal will be invited. At that time, you will be sent the 2018–19 Request for Proposals (RFP) format. Full proposals will be due on Friday March 23, 2018, and decisions will be announced in late May 2018.